Stores That Sell Quadruple A Width Shoes?

Does anyone know of a shoe store that might carry shoes in a quadruple A (8 1/2 AAAA)? I currently have to order all of my shoes from a catalog and wear mostly athletic shoes with jeans.

I would like to have a nice pair or two of dress shoes, but would rather be able to try them on in a store instead of buy through a catalog. It's such a pain to have to send packages back in case you don't like them.

By Kathryen from Washington DC suburbs

Have you tried calling around to some of the more local or Mom & Pop type shoe stores? I suspect that, unless it is a specialty store, you're not going to find that type of width sitting on the shelf. But maybe with a smaller, local shop you might get more personalized service, and maybe the owner/manager would be willing to work with you.

I hope someone has some good advice for you. My mother-in-law has narrow feet, but not that narrow (sometimes she can find her size in the stores). Best of luck!

I'm very eager to see what answers you get, because I'm also in the DC suburbs and have very narrow feet. The last time I checked Nordstrom's they had some narrow shoes, but unless you live nearby, I would call ahead to check. The last time I went to Potomac Mills (which has been a while because I'm on the other side of DC), I lucked out and found a pair I liked at one of the discount stores, but it's really hit or miss.

The sad part is that it was much easier to find narrow shoes when I moved here 30 years ago than it is now. I guess a lot of women with very narrow feet walk around with medium width shoes, unless they buy by mail.

Consumer Advice Store FinderMarch 5, 2010
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
Generated 2020-08-18 12:47:45 in 768 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf39944965.tip.html