Saving Money On Perfume

Tips for saving money on perfume. Post your ideas.

I have always heard that if you keep perfumes in a dark closet the scent will last longer and this must be true because I have perfumes that I've had for a long time and they're still good as new.

I often buy the perfumed lotion or 'veil' version of my favorite fragrances. It's always a lot cheaper and less wasteful than the spray version and I think it lasts longer.

Don't use perfume! It's waaaay to expensive. I just use my normal beauty products, all of which are seriously scented.

I use a Body Mist called Vanilla Sugar

Enriched with Vitamins A,C,E and Aloe

I also have the body lotion. (same smell)

Some one is all times saying what is that you have on.

You can buy these at Walmart for under 10.00 for both lotion & mist.

I always used a expensive perfume till I found this smell.

"I would should like to know if anyone tries this and what they think"

If you do not mind the different fragrances, you can always buy whatever is on sale at the time that you need it. If someone asks what you want for your birthday, tell them perfume. Or you can try the many spritzs that are available from so many handmade soap makers and they are wonderful! You can use essential oils and make your own fragrances. And be sure to take every free sample offered to you.

I have a favorite perfume that I buy from a company on the internet... it's $40-$60 in stores, depending on size, and I get it in a fairly large quantity for only $17.99 plus shipping. I also use spray colognes if perfume isn't right for the occasion... I can usually find a small spray bottle for less than $2 at Wal-Mart or Target.

I recently experimented by testing how they smelled together. (I just sprayed a certain combination on a cotton pad, then put it on my wrist.) I got a lovely result! Now I can save even more money by using this new mixture... I just mixed a batch up in a small travel-size spray bottle. By using the perfume as a base, the scent can last longer and the colognes make it smell lighter somehow.

I have also extened the life of my perfume... I just put some perfume into a small spray bottle and add alcohol to it. It becomes less concentrated and thereby less overpowering to others with allergies.