Using Perfume

Category Perfume
Perfume is typically used as a personal body fragrance. It also can be used to scent your home and clothing. This is a guide about using perfume.

Nice perfume can be very expensive, so most of us don't tend to buy it, but I found if you go to freebie websites like hunt4freebies and freestufftimes.com you can get free samples of expensive perfumes in the trail size bottles. When you get the perfume in the trial size bottle, usually a small vial, you can transfer that to an empty spray bottle and add water too it. The perfume will smell great on and last a very long time. I believe because more expensive perfumes are highly concentrated that adding the water doesn't seem to affect the smell and the smell still stays strong.

Source:

By cherie from Taylor, MI

I like new perfumes, some guys follow the trendy colognes. Regardless before the bottle is empty, I am onto a new fragrance. There is usually a good bit left in the bottle and I don't want to throw it out!

I now use the "leftovers" to spritz: my car interior, closets, shoes and boots insoles, bathroom trash cans, heat register vents, clothing drawers, linens, handbag interiors, totes of blankets, bathrobes, faux flower arrangements, etc! Let me know if anyone can come up with more ideas!

It's smelling very good here! lol

By Missy from OH.

When I remember, I like to add a few drops of essence to a wash cloth and pop it in my tumble drier. My clothes smell delicious! If I want to freshen up an item to wear, I pop a damp wash cloth in the tumble drier with a drop or two of essence or perfume and put it on for 10 minutes. This works great if you don't want to iron an item, do this instead!

By Monique from Somerset, UK

Don't throw away your perfume bottle when the last few drops of perfume won't come out. Take the cap off and put the bottle in your lingerie drawer. It will make everything smell sweet!

By tikiroomteach

I do enjoy the odor of light scent in cologne and perfume but I'm allergic to most perfume. I did find a way to enjoy the scent without it actually touching my skin.

Take a small cotton ball, as you don't want to overwhelm, and saturate with your favorite perfume or cologne. Attach it to a safety pin, and pin it to you bra strap. By Gladys Hill

When getting ready for the day, or any special occasion, spray your perfume on BEFORE you get dressed. The alcohol in the perfume can damage some fabrics. So can hairspray!

Here's an old fashioned tip on making a room fragrant. Put a dab of perfume on a light bulb in a lamp, and then when the lamp is on, the heat of the light bulb will diffuse the scent.

Put perfume or cologne on your skin instead of your clothing. The perfume may stain or damage some types of fabric.

If you use a hair dryer to dry your hair, put a little of your favorite perfume on the back of it, near the air intake, and your hair will take on the scent of the perfume.

When putting on perfume/cologne, place on back of knees and wrist, as the scent drifts upward you can smell it. If you put it on your neck, no one can smell it.

How can I transfer perfume to a smaller atomizer bottle for travel or to keep in my purse?

mom23boys from NY

Answers

It;s hard because most perfume bottles can't be opened - bt there are perfume holsders that work with a wick - you might try that - I usually take a similar perfume in a small size - a sample, perhaps? You can "milk" the perfume slowly into one of the small glass or metal sample vials, too. Take the sprayer off and push the plastic tube against the side of the vial...

What about using a medicine plastic syringe like the pharmacy gives you with liquid prescriptions? It might work because they have pointed narrow ends. You just pull the plunger to gather it, and push it to dispense it.

Like pamphyila said it depends if your perfume bottle has a clamped down lid that isn't removable or one that is. I would think an eye dropper from the drug store would work. They sell small perfume funnels for such a purpose also. They might also sell both of those in craft stores with the essential oils/fragrance oils.

I don't remember what it is called but a while back I bought something that looks like a pen. The bottom half screws off and there is a white firm wick type material that you dip into your perfume bottle until it is absorbed. It is for purse or travel and came with a little velvet drawstring pouch. You unscrew it and apply it to your wrists or neck or whatever. And it doesn't leak. I don't know if they are still made or readily available. I think I got it at the drug store or the dept store cosmetic section for under 5 dollars.

http://www.goog  funnel&hl=en
http://www.goog  l=en&show=dd

If you have an old rubber baby bottle nipple, you can use that because the hole is small and can give you control. Also, an old ball syringe that you use to suction out baby's nose, etc, when they are born could have the top cut off.

You might also want to consider using a stick/waxy perfume that is a solid. No muss, no fuss!

I have transferred perfume from a larger bottle with a clamped-down (non-removable) lid and what I did was spray and spray and spray into the bottle. Worked for me.

By cybergrannie (Guest Post)

Some department stores sell small funnels in the perfume department.