Water Down Expensive Perfume

Nice perfume can be very expensive, so most of us don't tend to buy it, but I found if you go to freebie websites like hunt4freebies and freestufftimes.com you can get free samples of expensive perfumes in the trail size bottles. When you get the perfume in the trial size bottle, usually a small vial, you can transfer that to an empty spray bottle and add water too it.

The perfume will smell great on and last a very long time. I believe because more expensive perfumes are highly concentrated that adding the water doesn't seem to affect the smell and the smell still stays strong.

Source:

By cherie from Taylor, MI

Sorry, but I do not think it is a very good idea to add water to perfume as water is often polluted by chemicals or even germs which are not armful to drink it but tend to multiply rapidly with heat thus transforming the smell of the perfume... instead, just add some alcohol (i.e. vodka), the smell will be as good as the original perfume and no germs.

Mix an inexpensive lotion with a fragrance/perfume that you like and rub all over your body. You only need to add a small amount of the fragrance to the lotion and you'll really smell great and plus it perfume lasts a long time. I would use the lotion instead of water or alcohol.

Always, Zee

Zel was not advocating mixing with water but to mix some of your perfume into some lotion. What a fabulous idea!

Use sterile water not tap water ! The reason perfume is expensive is it is not watered down with alcohol. Making cologne out of it with alcohol...that is the difference in the two. Lotion if it doesn't have a scent is good also.

Alcoholic's when going into treatment get things like mouthwash,perfume taken away because some have been known to drink it. As Dr. Oz has shown on his TV show... Water out of a well or tap has so many germs I don't even drink it.

You can get perfume samples that have reduced cost also. Some do not have caps, labels, etc. but are very inexpensive. I think if ever I would get perfume, I'll enjoy it, making a lotion to layer would be the way I'd go.

However, after a bath before bed making a lighter version of a nice scent is a great idea. How much is the cost of vodka? Don't ever buy that, regular alcohol has a smell. Lotion is a wonderful alternative.