Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Color Advice for Trim and Floors in Kitchen with Sage Walls, Oak Cabinets and Wood Ceiling

I have dark oak kitchen cabinets, oak floor, darker wood ceilings with sage green walls. I am thinking of painting the trim around the doors, windows, and the floor white or off white. Will that look good or should I leave it?

By chloe from IL

I think the white would be a nice crisp frame for your kitchen. I would hesitate to do anything dark with so much wood.

Get paint samples of cream or white in multiples, and with tape secure them in your room in different places where the trim is to be painted. Leave them up for a few days and check them out in different lighting, including your nightime lighting. It may seem like trouble, but it's saved us alot of headaches.
I favor the off white, but if you have white appliances it might look better.
Enjoy.

Yes white would look good. I have a room with sage green walls and just very slightly off-white trim.

The paint color is celadon (it looks sage to me) from Home Depot and the trim is cottage white if you wanted to compare.