Potato Chip Bag Purse

I would like to know how to make a purse from chip wrappers.

By Verda J Glick

I found one at:
http://candywrapperpurse.blogspot...
but I couldn't copy the instructions, sorry.

What I do is make fabric out of them first. By this I mean I strengthen the bags by adhering them to something stronger. Test your bag with a cool iron to see how hot a temp you can use. I then adhere the bags to heavy duty plastic such as 2 MM. If the bag can't be ironed then I sew it to the plastic, use a long stitch so it doesn't tear out. If you can press it to a light weight fusible web that will work also but then you have to line your bag.

As you see there are all sorts of ways to go. It depends on your bag. Experimenting is the only real way to know what will work.

I cut the bags down one side and across the bottom or what ever makes the biggest piece to work with.
If you search the Internet you will find some patterns and more help. I submitted a pattern a while back but at the moment I am unable to locate it, sorry. Good luck.

There are two ways:
1. Cut bags into strips, fold and weave them together, sew into purse form. candywrapperpurse.blogspot.com/.../chip-wrapper-purse.html
2. Using clear plastic/vinyl on the outside of the bag and with fabric inside, sew together bag as you would a normal purse/tote bag. Don't forget your strap.

Similar examples: www.craftster.org/.../index.php?action=tags%3Bsa=showtopics...

Tips: Make sure you always clean the bag thoroughly first!
For option two, cut off the top and bottom edges of the bag and at least one side--this will make sewing a thousand times easier.. well, it's the only logical way to do it, really.

Hope this helps!

cabinannie.wordpress.com/.../?preview=true&preview_id=347&preview_nonce...
This is the bag I made from one Oreo bag, thought I would pass it along. All you have to do is click on the address and it will take you right to the page in my blog if you care to see it.

Anonymous

Yes

How do you make a purse out of potato chip bags or drink bags?

Nancy from WV

Answers:

Crafts Recycled CraftsFebruary 13, 2011
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-08 16:31:58 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Recycled CraftsCrafts