Cleaning Microsuede Furniture

I need info on how to clean a cream microsuede couch and love seat.

By Freda from Portsmouth, VA

I would get the cleaning code for the micro-suede. Sometimes you will find it attached to the paperwork tags on the sofa. If not, call the store where you purchased and ask them.

We've had many different types of fabric on our furniture over the years, with kids and dogs, and microsuede is, by far, the easiest we have found to clean and maintain. I'm not sure where you are, but in Canada we have a product called ProSolve, which is a foam spray that comes in an aerosol can. If you need to spot clean, just spray it on the area, let it sit for a minute or two, and then rub with a clean sponge or cloth.

It will take out just about anything (including pen ink). I would think any spot-cleaning product would work just as well. You may find after spot-cleaning though that the area will be noticeable because the area around it doesn't look as clean. We have a small cleaning machine called a Green Machine that is perfect for cleaning sofa upholstery etc. Our sofa. love seat and chair is a light beige microsuede, we've had it for 5 years, and using the methods I've mentioned, it still looks like new!

After working for La-Z-Boy furniture, I can tell you the only thing ever recommended was soap & warm water. The cleaning code for Microfiber is W (water). Be very careful with chemicals and solvents, they can destroy the fabric. Never go near Microfiber with something like nail polish remover, it will eat it up.