Using Baker's Rack for Computer Equipment

Category Organization

When I moved into a really small apartment, I didn't have room for my large computer desk. But, I did have a baker's rack that I was not going to use for kitchen use. I decided to use it for my computer and printer.

It works well, and has lots of storage space. The top shelf holds a stereo and miscellaneous junk, the second shelf holds my large printer and assortment of pen holders, the table itself holds my monitor and tower, and the two shelves on the bottom hold a lot of boxes and storage for computer stuff and misc.

By Lee from Columbus, Ohio

By (Guest Post)

Great way to utilize something that you already have, not to mention the money you saved by not buying a big-ticket item for storage! You go girl!

By krazyk8 (Guest Post)

you are a clever gal!:-))

Good idea...love how you put the keyboard on the drawer.

Good idea. Love how you put the keyboard on the drawer.

You need a piece of plexiglass or thin plywood on the dresser, weighed down by the computer and monitor and extending forward at least 16 inches beyond the front of the dresser. Otherwise you will get an awful back-ache. The keyboard may not be further from you than half-way between your belly and your knees, or you will wreck your back!

I used to travel with a piece of plexiglass cut to just barely fit into my carry-on case for that purpose, and wrote and sent out my daily newsletter from whatever motel I was that night. Sure beats sitting low in a comfortable easy chair and typing at a chest high motel table!
Have FUN!
DearWebby

Photos OrganizationFebruary 21, 2006
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-24 10:13:33 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

OrganizationPhotos