PaintingCrafts

Egg Cartons For Paints

When it is time to paint get out your empty egg carton! When using the inexpensive small bottles of paint from the craft stores you can squeeze small amounts of different colors into each egg section. That way the paint does not run together. It is also neater because they can wipe the brush on the side of the colored egg section they are using so there is not too much paint on the brush and it does not drip.

By Savings Assistant from Georgia
http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

I use the styrofoam cartons for the kids paints. I also use ice cube trays from the Dollar Store @ 3/$1.00..I found a great water color recipe and use it. The colors are always vibrant. Here is the recipe :

1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons baking soda
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
2 drops of food coloring (your choice of colors)
1 teaspoon water

In a small bowl, add the baking soda and vinegar. Mix. When the baking soda mixture stops foaming, add the cornstarch and corn syrup. Add the food coloring. If this mixture feels too thick, add a little bit of water till the right consistency. Store the watercolors in a tightly covered jar. Baby food jars are perfect for this! This recipe will make 1/4 cup of paint!

The coloring I use is Wilton in the paste or powder as it takes very little. If you want your paint liquidy, you can put in a jar, but I use the carton and let it dry out as a wet brush brings it back and it lasts a long time. My kids love them.

When I am working on my painting crafts, I find it easy to use several paints at once by using an old styrofoam egg carton. I put each color in each section and it saves me time and most importantly, cleanup.

By Regina

Answers:

Styrofoam Egg Cartons For Paints

I do the same thing, only I prefer the plastic egg cartons that have 3 full sections - a bigger palette to work from! I always save a few sections for mixing colours as well. (05/28/2005)

By Casey