BirthdayParties

Planning a Large Sweet 16

Category Birthday

I'm looking for a place where I can invite about 100-110 people to my birthday party. It also must allow me to bring in my own food. The theme is "My New Year", so we need a place that will allow us to stay over night until 2 a.m. and will at least give us tables and chairs along with using their space

By Semyia B.

I'm sure there are places where you live that would meet your needs, but I am wondering who is paying for this large party. Why have that large of number of guests?

I would try a local park or the beach somewhere you could set out a spot.

Are you a member of a church that has a church hall with a kitchen? You could probably make a donation, or maybe there's a fee, for a party there. I assume that you will have chaperones. You'll need several adults on hand to keep an eye on a crowd that size. 2 a.m. is pretty late. How will the kids get home?

In our state they can't drive at that hour. Will their parents stay up that late to pick them up? A party that lasts that long can be pretty costly, too. Think of the price per hour that each person will cost, and plan the party accordingly. If you start the party at 8 and end it at 11, the only food you need are snacks.

For drinks, figure the number of sodas that will be drunk per hour, per person. If you go longer, you'll need 25 pizzas or more, or the equivalent, to feed everyone. Just sayin'. Maybe you've already got that covered.

Also, one last thing. A lot of kids will leave by midnight. The last two hours could really drag out with just a dozen kids. Just sayin'. Happy Birthday! Have fun!

Have a happy and safe birthday, sweetie. In the little town where I live we have a community youth center or is there a banquet hall near you. I don't think the park would work because most towns aren't going to let people be in their parks at that hour. Especially a group the size you are talking about. Have fun and good-luck.