Storing Items In Baby Food Jars

Baby food jars are great for storing small nails, screws and other items so that they are easy to see. You can put the jars in a old spice race to keep them together.

You can also attach the metal lids to the underside of a shelf, the jars can then hang from the shelf and be seen easily.

We took the jars and made Christmas trees with them and put lights inside. Make with colored or white lights. Gave them as gifts and people loved them.

I used to do this with the old all-metal lids. The new ones, with the finely-threaded soft cap lining, are hard for me to screw on securely, and I worry that they will come loose when I turn my back on them - especially if I put screws inside and secure the lids to the underside of a shelf, putting all that weight on those soft threads. Does it still work with the modern jars?

My daughter-in-law gave us homemade cocoa mix in those jars; they do work fine for that purpose. And I'll bet those Christmas trees are pretty! :)