Save Old Baby Food Jars and Lids

Baby food jars have many uses. I saved the ones I used from my son and have used them for a variety of things. I made his food, so I would make little "to go" meals for him and put them in the freezer for when we traveled. I've also used them for storing pins, buttons, thumb tacks, paper clips, beads, and other small do-dads.

But by far, the best use I've found for them yet is to use them for freezer jam! They are the perfect size for gift giving and don't take up too much room in the freezer. In true frugal style, I ask for the jar back, ostensibly so I can refill it and give it to the giftee again with a new flavor of jam!

By MamaSarah from Lansing, MI

Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 28, 2011
📓
🌻
🎂