TroubleshootingComputers

Trouble Removing External Hard Drive

My external hard drive frequently can't be removed from the computer because "a program is accessing it". How do we stop the program from accessing it so I can disengage the Freeagent by Seagate?

Holly from Richardson, TX

It is not really necessary to use the "safe to remove."Check you settings.Go to my computer right click the external drive,go to properties then hardware.Select the external drive click on properties go to policies and read your options.

By ricky (Guest Post)

The safe to remove thing is point less all you have to do is just unplug the drive from the computer my computers tell me that all the time when I have my ipod plug in to them. I never told it to read any thing off it so I just unplug it when it tells me that. Just unplug it. It wont hurt it one bit.