AdviceGardening

Trimming Stocks on African Violets

I read on the internet that you had to trim the stock of an African violet when transplanting it. My plants have very thick stocks and one plant actually has two that have joined together to make an arch that is breaking through the soil. Since I have never had violets with thick stocks I am bewildered what to do.

They are all being pushed upwards out of the soil by these stocks. The outer leaves are starting to droop but the center of the plants are healthy and growing new leaves and beautiful blooms. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I am very fond of my plants and wouldn't want to lose any of them.

Annette from Cambridge, Ontario