Freezing Tomato Paste

Before you use tomato paste in a recipe, open BOTH ends of the can, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze. After frozen, push the paste out of one open end and slice off what you need. Re-wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Slice off as needed, no waste.

By Tori

Or do what I do...buy a very big can of tomato paste, pour into ice cube trays, freeze then put them in Ziploc bags. You won't be needing to buy tomato paste for awhile.

Anonymous

What a great idea! I never would have thought of this. It sounds so much easier than trying to spoon that sticky stuff out of the can. I can never get it all out!

Diamond Feedback Medal for All Time! 1,023 Feedbacks

When opening tomato paste. I always spoon it on to wax paper and freeze until firm. Then I put it into small zip lock freezer bags by each spoonful. Great for a touch of flavor to soups and such.

By syrayes1

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 111 Feedbacks

I've recently become a 1-person household, and when I needed a dab of tomato paste for a mini-recipe recently, this is exactly what I did. Very handy for recipes or just for adding richness to a beef stew or whatever.

Food and Recipes FreezingApril 13, 2005
🍀
💘
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf422785.tip.html