Homework HelpEducation

Help with Homework Assignment Creating Business Names

I need to make two names up and I am absolutely hopeless. First of all, I am doing a school assignment and I am pretending to work for a graphic design company and I need to think of a name for that.

Also, in my assignment I need to make up a new upcoming band that is going to ask the graphic design company to help them advertise, so I need a name for that as well.

I will be grateful for your help!

By Gemma from Sydney, Australia

I wonder why you are asking any American. None of us understand Australians.

For the business how about "Creatively Yours"? There is a local band here that has a really cute name: P.S. Dump Your Girlfriend, how about something funny like that? Good luck, it sounds fun, I'm an artist and always have fun doing projects for people. :)

Come off it, Tomatohanger. We all enjoy poking our noses in! (Sorry Gemma, I'm no good at names either.)
Marg from England.

We have a company here called "Graphic Designs." Or you could go with something like "Design-o-Graph" or "Perfect Designs". Depending on the type of band they could be called "The Grungers," "The Outbackers," "The Stralians," "Angels and Stralies," "The Rockers".

How about Graphic Gems by Gemma or Gemma's Graphic Gems? That tells who and what you are.

The band is a whole different matter. What kind of band is it? Rock, probably. Kangaroo Rockers would lend it name to some really cute graphics. Also, Rock Candy or the Walkabouts. If the band is all female it could be the Sheilas.

I really feel for you because graphic design truly kicked my a#% when I was in art school

Good name for graphics design businesses often incorporate adjectives that have to do with innovation,vision, beauty, elegance, etc. a lot depends on your particular aesthetic. If you're more into elegance, go for that. But if you know your visual style is more eclectic, go for that. Look up says only some to your main visual style

So you have the adjective, then pair it with a noun (once again get your thesaurus) that suggests concepts, branding, brand, image, etc.

As for the band, pretty much any old bollocks will do, if you think about it

Good luck!