Elastic in Summer Shorts

One of my daughters is so slender that her summer shorts literally would not stay up on her, despite their having a half back elastic.

I took a scrap of 1" elastic and cut it somewhat shorter than the length across the back between the side seams. I turned under the cut edges and sewed them to the side seams. Then I stretched the shorts with the elastic out flat and sewed several short lines through the elastic and the back waistband. I tried to keep them on seams and next to belt loops as much as possible so my "fix" is less obvious.

Not including getting my sewing machine out and putting it away, it took about 10 minutes to do. The result is a pair of shorts that stays up very nicely.

By Katie

By Debbie (Guest Post)

Thanks for sharing. You described it perfectly in words, but the pictures are a really nice addition.

By Jenni (Guest Post)

What a wonderful idea! Wish I knew this when my daughters were little - they had no "bums" to keep their pants up either!!

DAPPER SNAPPERS WORK GREAT.

Crafts Clothing AlterationsApril 20, 2005
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf423419.tip.html