Chili Sauce Recipe Request?

Does anyone have a recipe for a quick chili sauce? Whenever I search the web, I get recipes for chili and other sauces but not chili sauce. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Mike from PA

This is not so much an answer as it is a refinement of your internet search. Plug the following into google and it should improve your search results.

recipe +"chili sauce"

You may have some success just by adding some horseradish to catsup.

By Rasta (Guest Post)

Mike, I don't know whether this is what you are looking for but I love sharing my Moms recipe. Even if it is not what you are looking for it is delicious. We like it for breakfast sandwitches in all recipes that call for chili sauce.

CHILI SAUCE
1/2 gallon chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
1 onion cut fine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
cayenne pepper to taste
1 green pepper chopped fine
1/2 cup red sweet bell pepper chopped fine
4 ribs celery chopped fine

I do not use the food processor to do the chopping. I have a mandolin chopper and this seems to work better or chop by hand. Processor mushes the ingredients too much.
Place all ingredients together and cook slowly on top the stove or in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hrs., stirring freguently until it thickens. This can be processed by water bath method for 5 minutes after water starts to boil.

By Mary Ann Hall (Guest Post)

My Grandmothers recipe and is the best::
1 peck tomatoes chopped
1 bunch celery chopped

6 onions chopped
3 green peppers chopped I add 1 hot pepper chopped
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon whole mustard seed
1 teaspoon cloves(ground not whole cloves)
1 scant cup of salt
Mix all together and let stand overnite drain in morning, Make syrup
2 and1/2 cups vinegar(brown)
2 pounds brown sugar
Bring to a boil turn heat down and add drained mixture Let simmer until all is hot then put in canning jars. You could probably pressure can this or water bath but it should seal w/o doing this.. Good Luck this is the best chilli sauce and only one I ever make.

By Julia (Guest Post)

I needed some red pepper sauce and didn't have any on hand (not sure if that's what you're talking about) and so I used white distilled vinegar and cayenne pepper to make it.

I've had the same problem. All my searches came up with a chile sauce that was an 'accompaniment' to meat. Both my parents and grandparents made these, and while they are good, they were not what I wanted. Another was a mexican style sauce. What I actually wanted was a good tomato based sauce to can, that I later could mix with browned ground beef and a can of beans to make a quick chili.

I've learned that the term 'chili sauce' means different things in different parts of the country and to different ethnicities. I finally found a mix that I put into home-grown pureed tomatoes to can, that worked well for me.

1 lb Ground beef, 1large onion..brown till almost done. mix in 1 6 oz. can tomato paste and fill that can 3 times with water. Add 1 Tbl. spn of Chilli powder, salt to taste and spaghetti spices and stir. Add 1 can Red Kidney beans(even the juice) and cook till beans are warm. This mixture will be thick. Serve over Rice or any type of pasta except long spaghetti type. I use either cork screw or elbows. My mom always cooked a large pot(doubled the receipe) and had it over rice first and then mixed with the pasta the second time. We loved it

Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesJuly 13, 2007
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf42566352.tip.html