Saving on Professional Services from Schools

0
Share
1
Save
Follow
Print

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 519 Posts

Just got a great haircut at the Vidal Sassoon Academy for $20! (As they say, a $75-$100 value) - by an experienced cutter there to hone her skills. You can get great deals at all kinds of schools. I have had dental work at a dental school and gotten my teeth cleaned at a collegiate hygiene program. Inexpensive and what's more they do it by the book with professional supervision! (Only drawback - it takes TIME - you can't rush in and out.)

By Pam from L.A., CA

By Theresa Taylor (Guest Post)

Thanks for the tip, I've never thought of going to a dental school!

Helping others while also helping yourself can be a challenge and maybe not one you can often afford. I have a solution we all can do and save money while doing it. Many DYI things are a must for me, however sometimes it's a treat to go out and let someone else do it.

I found out how to use this approach for several things from beauty to your car. Look for schools in your area. If you live in a rural area, on some things, it's worth the drive. Beauty schools aren't like they were even a decade ago. It's very competitive even to get accepted. Whereas before it may have been an option for high school dropouts. It's a business where many of us have been forced to do it ourselves because the cost is outrageous to go to a salon. The beauty schools offer everything to do with your hair and maybe more. Today some also do facials, masks, and acne treatments for pennies, usually the cost of the products. These students are ready to graduate, but must do so many hours of work before taking the State Boards. Always a teacher, or instructor is nearby, if not right there grading them on how well they treat you and on their performance of the job.

Acupressure is something that many of us can really use, it covers many aliments, pain, the immune system, weight control and helps with general health. Insurance doesn't cover this and it is very costly. At the school, these students have learned every muscle in the body, put in many hours of book work, working on a dummy, and each other. They must also have hours in practicing on people; they hold open hours, usually free clinics.

Look into the ones in your area and they will gladly tell you how you may be able to get in at a very low cost or according to your income. I found one for $20.00 to me; after all I have encountered it is a blessing. It was worth all my recycling money!

Massages used to be for the very rich, or we saw it in movies. It wasn't in most of our budgets. It has been found to help pain patients, with pregnancy, and stress (instead of meds). There are many different aliments massage therapy helps. With its growing popularity there are several schools in my area. Check yours or somewhere near by.

Chiropractors, dental schools, even schools for medical techs sometimes offer services. These schools have intern hours and extern hours in order to practice on their own. Helping you helps them!

Mechanics, body work technicians, and welders all go to technical schools. Even upholstery classes will take in furniture if you supply the material.

Helping others achieve their dreams can very well help you out at the same time. Look in your area and save some money in these hard times; both parties win. On a serious note an instructor is always near by. Constant supervision and everyone wanting to graduate, means pleasing you and the teacher is a must. Don't worry, go somewhere reliable with a history, resources, and of course get names of previous customers. If it's a car repair or heating/air they will all be happy to give you as many names as needed to make you feel comfortable. Everyone needs someone to get to the finish line. I need being able to afford some things I need or want. Give it a chance and check out your local schools and what they may have to offer.

By Luana M. from San Diego, CA

Budget & Finance Saving MoneyJuly 18, 2006
🎆
🌻
😎
Generated 2021-06-22 08:55:48 in 946 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf43467464.tip.html