Cleaning InteriorCars

Car Smells After Being Flooded

My car got flooded. The dealership changed all of the padding, carpet, just everything. It cost over 11,000; however I still have a smell. What can I do?

By Merrol

I would take it back - sounds like they missed something. At that price, their work should be guaranteed. If the insurance company paid for it, I would contact them as well.

For $11,000 I would have bought a new car. You did'nt say how much of the car was flooded or if it was river, sea or rain water. All the voids in a car such as the rockers or pillar areas, inside the doors and trunk areas still have the flood water residue. They all have to be opened and inspected for flood water damage. I think you got taken on the $11,000 repair.

I would spray it with spray disinfectant to try to catch any moldiness - but really - if it was rehabbed, the smell should be the responsibility of whoever did it.