Make a "Cement" Garden

Put some fun inexpensive color and add interest to your home or yard with only a few dollars worth of paints and some cement! Go on a nature walk and gather some nice branches of whatever size you want to work with and paint them (I prefer spray paint and it is available in a large array of colors these days!)

Dig holes large enough to set your "tree" in cement. If you want to do a mosaic in the cement to use broken china or embed something you want to look at or show off! You could line a dull walk this way or in the back of the yard where it might be boring add perks of color and define your space. Indoors use pots and color that makes you happy and compliments your room!

You can hang a few things like small sun catchers or little chimes or perch a bird. You could even put the pretty tea cups you love and want to keep on display! Have a lot of fun "cement gardening" it takes a lot less work and money for this than the other kind of gardening and just as sweet to look at!

By Veronica from Sedalia, MO

Would love to see pictures of the ones you have and created.

How big are the "twigs". Yes, I would like to see pictures too.

I would love to see this as I'm about to embark on a nature area with the school my daughter attends and have a wildlife tree for the children to add food etc for the birds and wildlife. I have a simular idea using concrete and a teracotta pot filling it with cement and setting a branch into it. I'm interested how you colour the concrete. Are you painting it or adding food colour as I've heard this works too! If you have any ideas on this then please let me know? I'd be most grateful! Thanks Beeky