Windshield Washer Not Working

My windshield cleaner does not work. Could it be clogged? How do I fix this?

By Ellen

Anonymous

I mean this very respectfully but is their fluid in the reservoir? A couple of years ago I had filled mine but two days later it wasn't working and thought something was clogged. Had it looked at by mechanic and it turned out there was no fluid (after just two days) because of a leak in the bottom of the reservoir. The thought never crossed my mind that it could be a leak.

If this is your case it's expensive to replace (both the labor and the part) so if you know someone with the right tools and under the hood knowledge who might do the labor for free or low cost you can either order the appropriate reservoir for your car from a parts store or even try using the appropriate type of repair sealer first (probably also available at a auto supply store).