Repair AdviceCars

Truck Heater Doesn't Heat

Category Repair Advice

I have checked the thermostat and the flaps. The heater hoses are hot and still the heater does not heat the cab. What could be wrong?

By Dickie G.

Your heater core could be clogged. It is under your dash (usually) and looks like a little radiator. It sets in front of the blower which blows air through it into the cab. You can follow the heater hoses to it because that is where they got to and come from. You can usually tell if the heater core is clogged by holding onto a heater hose. If you can't feel the water moving (meaning it is just getting hot) then you have a clog in your heater core.

More than likely it's the heater core, mine is in the same fix. I have a Ford Ranger XLT and mine went out a couple years ago. My husband bought the core and was told the whole dashboard has to come out!

He thought it came out from under the dash, but no, it didn't, what a job to do. I drove my car and he drove his truck and that's why it hasn't been fixed yet. :(