Repairing Chipped Lacquer Finish on a Guitar

My son's brand-new, lacquered (a cream colour), Fender electric guitar accidentally slipped out of our car's trunk and landed bottom-edge first on the pavement! The guitar now has a couple of nicks and dents at the bottom edge, and one spot (about a half-inch-square) where the lacquer has chipped off and you can see the brown wood underneath. I was told this would cost $300. to fix! I thought of using porcelain repair paint (it looks like white-out), but am afraid to ruin the guitar. Any advice? Thanks very much.

By Hanna Miller from Toronto, Canada

Take it to a good furniture maker or cabinet maker and ask him to repair it, then buy your son a guitar case for Christmas and make him use it. I hope he has learned to be less careless with his instrument.

Home and Garden Repair Other Musical InstrumentsOctober 30, 2010
🌻
🐛
📓