Clothing StainsCleaning

Yellow Spots on Laundry After Washing

My daughter said that after washing her white shorts she noticed that there were some kind of yellow "spots" along the hem line of each leg. It is more of a mustard color than yellow, but I noticed the same kind of marks on some of my husband's shirts I'd washed, although the items were washed in totally different machines.

Does anyone know what these might be (nothing had been spilled on any of the items), and more importantly how they can be removed? She tried bleaching the shorts, but nothing happened, she used peroxide and again nil. Hubby's shirt is patterned so bleaching is out and even Oxydol didn't budge it. Help, please? Thanks

By MJ

Acne medication can bleach out necklines as can other kinds of skin products. I am wondering if these stains are caused by something like sunscreen or artificial tan or something that both your daughter and your husband are using on their skin.

It could be lint caught in the fold of the hem. The only way to get rid of it is to open the hem a bit and pick the lint out, and then close the hem.

Those "spots" used to fake me out all the time.

Anonymous

use RAINX (AWESOME)