Separate Small And Large Projects

I've developed this over time for de-stressing, and just to keep my hands busy. I also like to sit and people watch while getting something done. I break my crochet projects into 2 categories: 1) large - at home projects and 2) small - anything I can stuff in a small bag, and take anywhere. I keep several small bags handy for the #2s.

While waiting for a doctor's appointment, the bus, a ride or anything, I have my #2 project bag. I attach it to my purse, so I can't leave one or another bag someplace. I get a little project done or finish one, and then perhaps I can begin another. Sometimes you can break up a large or a medium project, so it can become a small take along. You can decide for yourself, what size you can manage in a take along.

For 'at home' # 1's, I keep a project nearby, for when I put my feet up. I work 15 - 25 minutes each day on any large projects, and it gets done eventually. If I have to get it done in a hurry, I actually schedule the time. Depending on my daily schedule, crocheting has become an appointment with myself for de-stressing.

An additional tip: for my 'on the go bags' I keep a toothbrush container in which I keep my most used 2 hooks and small folding scissors. Since it's bright pink, it's easy to grab and put in a bag before I'm off for wherever I go.

By Dee T.