Melted Plastic in Stainless Steel Pot?

I was trying to warm up frozen contents in a plastic storage container so they would drop out into a stainless steel pot. You guessed it, the plastic corners of the container melted onto the inside of the pot. Any suggestions for getting melted plastic out of my stainless steel pot?

By Mary Quantrall from Greenwood, IN

Chill pot in freezer for a while and use a sharp knife without serrated edges, probably a paring knife size, and scrape away. Chilling will harden the plastic, making it easier to pick at.

I had a plastic on the outer base of my pot because I had out it on a plastic placemat while it was hot. I used DW-40 on the base and scraped it off with a knife. All good now.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMay 4, 2009
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf45382923.tip.html