DairyFreezing

Buying Chunk Cheese

Category Dairy

Whenever I find chunk cheese on sale, I take advantage of it. After I get home, I grate it. I usually put 2 cups of shredded cheese per small zipper bag, squeezing all the air out as possible, seal and then put them in a big ziploc bag labeled "Cheddar" or "Swiss", etc. that is kept in the freezer.

That way if you send the kids or your husband to get a bag out for you, they don't have to search to much for it. It also sure beats having bags of cheese every where in your freezer. Now, it won't melt as easily after being frozen as it would before you froze it, but it's ok, otherwise.

By Terri from NV