Lay Your Head on the Cat Instead

Cats think differently than dogs. Dogs want to please us. Cats, by instinct, solve their own problems. Any attempt to change what a cat wants to do is seen by them as an obstacle to overcome. The only way to thwart a cat's plan is to make it so the cat no longer wants to do the thing that is annoying you.

The solution of laying your head on the cat when it tries to lay on you is a good one. You might also wear a glove (if you cat has claws) and grab her paw and not let go until she panics. You must do this every time. Shortly she will stop. My aunt cured a cat from getting on her counters by putting the cat on the counter and not letting it down. She did this several times and the cat avoided the counter.

By Lilac from Springfield, MA

Sorry, I think that's mean and nasty. Cats are quite intelligent and if you love and care for them enough they will not do things to annoy you. I've had cats all my life and have never given a thought to treating them like that.

I have two cats and they are perfectly behaved. We treat them as family. You simply talk to them as you would children and let them know in that way when they are kittens. Never should you be mean and nasty in trying to teach a cat or any other domestic animal how they should behave.

Are you kidding? Grab her paw and not let go. How would you like it if someone did that to you. That is animal abuse, pure & simple!

This is a terrible idea! Has this person ever considered how HEAVY a human head is? Laying it on a cat is inhuman! Abuse! If your cat insists on laying on your head, simply keep a squirt bottle nearby and squirt her every time she tries. It won't take long before she finds a new place to lay! And she won't get hurt or abused in the learning process.

I had a cat once who did this and it only took 3 nights of getting squirted for her to decide to lay next to me instead.

By the way, when I say squirt the cat, I mean in the butt, never in the face at all. My cats and dogs have always slept in bed with me. And I'd have it no other way.

I have been cat lover all my life and would never hurt a cat. I did not mean hurt the cat but she won't like it if you hold her paw. Some cats are more persistent than others. I have a actually had cats that could dodge a squirt bottle faster than I could use it.

Anonymous

Great ideas!

Haha I'm doing the paw thing with our cat right now and he's totally fine with holding hands lol

Next!