EmploymentBudget & Finance

How Much To Charge For Cleaning & Doing Laundry

How much should I charge to clean & do 3 to 4 loads of laundry? I get $50.00 now. I sometimes work 6 to 7 hours on the home.

Helen

I think it depends on where you live. I have one friend who charges around $10/hr to clean and another friend in another area who charges around $25/room or so but does a visit to the home to do an estimate before naming the price. If I were you I would call several home cleaners in your area and pretend you are getting estimates from them. That way you can see if you are getting a fair price.

My friend and I charge anywhere from 125-200$ a house ...no laundry ..but these are large homes

By Sherri (Guest Post)

Hi Helen,

I live in Sonona County, Calif. My neighbor cleans houses and she charges 15.00 per hr. She charges extra for laundry, windows and cleaning the fridge or stove.

I hope this helps. She said she tells her clients that she is the cleaning person, not the maid.

By Diedradawn (Guest Post)

I live in Florida and my mother was paying her cleaning woman $20 per hour. She only did basic cleaning, no deep cleaning or laundry.

I do what you do and its hard to tell exactly what your question is. You do the laundry at this home? Makes a difference. I bring mine home to do it's my septic/pump /wear & tear on my washer/dryer, and hauling, etc. So I charge what the laundry mat would ($1 a pound) but if you are doing it WHILE cleaning I just charge my usual hourly wage (I clean another place with washer/dryer. It's not harder than mopping/vacuuming, cleaning whirlpool tubs, etc..right?

By suzi_homemaker01 (Guest Post)

I charge $10/per hour no matter what I am cleaning. I am in central Texas in a small town.

By (Guest Post)

It really sounds low for 6-7 hrs. Call around to other housecleaners as tho you were interested in their services and see what the going rate is.

Likely it will vary greatly. What is your time worth to YOU?

Pittsburgh area here. I've been cleaning houses on my own for 18 years. I average about $130 a house for about 3 hours of work so I think you may not be charging enough. I average between 30 to $50 an hour. But I don't charge by the hour I charge by the job doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it's done right and they're happy.

By Lisa W (Guest Post)

I clean every week for relatives and non-relatives. I also get $50 for 4-5 hrs of work. Therefore charge $10.00 an hour. You are working too many hours for that amount of money. May depend on where you live though. I am in Georgia. Good Luck . Lisa

Anonymous

It sounds like all of you are working for free! I charge 35 to 50 an hour, didn't matter were you live, having your home cleaned is a luxury, you don't try and fit the price for them.

I never work more than 4 hours. Cleaning companies charge 45 usually and pay the workers ten an hours. When you do it yourself you need to charge the same but your keeping all 165 fornthe house. Please stop low balling your self.

By (Guest Post)

At having your laundry picked up or you doing laundry for extra money is considered a good way to determine what the value of your time is. $1.50 lb or 10 a load.

It is not easy to put a value of your time especially when you are not being paid on a 9-5 basis.

If you are not sure about what to do with your extra time, we suggest you try starting a laundry pickup and drop off service. For details check out http://www.mylaundryonline.com

I average 20 an hour in KY but I charge by the house not the hour. I do not do laundry or windows unless paid extra.

I get $150.00 for cleaning a 4 bedroom 2 bath house with 4 loads of laundry. I also do the beds each cleaning.

That's to cheap id charge no less than 400$

What city do you clean ?
I have to deep clean a 4 bed 3 bath and clean it regularly once a week also they want 4-6 loads of laundry and windows.

I dont know how much to change

I am the owner of a cleaning business in south Florida, we charge differently for deep cleans (anywhere from $200- $300 depending on the size of the home) and recurring cleans (anywhere from $105-$150). I used to charge by the hour, but people tend to add services on to what was originally agreed upon. I have made a Terms and Policies letter that I give to ALL my new clients and have them read and sign it...it states any and all charges for extra add on...not specifically what the charge is, but that there will be add charges for such things and all inside/outside windows, baseboards, laundry, etc.
I have found this to be very effective and keeps everyone on the same page! :) I'll even share it with you, so you can make one similar, if you'd like...just send me a request for it thru my website under the "Feedback" tab!! :)

Could you send me one? I'm having same problem I'm fast at what I do but good at what I do and want to be paid my worth!

I appreciate any help you can suggest thank you Ruth

Hi I would love to read a copy of your documentation. I am in the Houston Texas area and starting a cleaning service not to big just to help financially while I finish school. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will you please help me as well with pricing

Hi I would line to get one too!

Great feed back. Best I've read thus far. If I were in need, I would definitely consider you.

Hi Ruth borgstrom
this is mary vega. Im in the houston area and im starting a cleaning service. Not to big just to help financially. How much would i charge for home cleaning. and office cleaning.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Will you help me with pricing.
Thank you.

I also need help with prices. Im good at what i do. i don't cut many corners. so i should get paid$$$$ @ what i do best

Would love to have a copy.
Thank you
Pam

Please send me one to. Burleson Texas

Can you please send me a copy of letter please

I would like to have a copy also.
Thanks

Anonymous

I would like to have a copy also.
Thanks

Hello,

Did Your get a copy of the price sheet? If so can you email me a copy

Hi Ruth

Please send me a copy as well. I would greatly appreciate it @diamondtouch1cleaning@gmail.com

Hi, I would love a copy too. I'm an organizer/housekeeper. I stay in the suburbs a little outside of Cleveland OH. My friend lives in a 3bdrm, 2 ba apt. Approximately 900 square feet. I have organized/ deep cleaned and cooked everyday for a month at her apt. free of charge, and now she likes to hire me to do it on a regular basis. Her and her husband works a lot and don't have time to keep up their place. I'm not sure what I should charge them. Will you help me out please? Blessings!

Anonymous

I clean homes for a living and never charged enough i fell. I do extra work also.At one point and time a male client was going thur a divorce and started having me on a weekly basis on opposite weeks i did bathrooms, kitchen and his wash he paid me the price of his reg cleaning. I now have a new client who also has me weekly she two has me do wash at times. She however only adds $30 extra to my pay with 2-3 loads of was plus wants extra work done along with what i already do??? Really i think doing a load of wash is time consuming so you should be paid for it. I think it should be like $7-8 per load

I charge at least $25 an hour for regular cleaning and I charge $35 if it includes laundry. You are letting this people off way too cheap. For the most part I give a set price to clean a house and make it clear anything outside of the scope of work agreed upon will be extra.

Cost to do laundry as a cleaning the house.