Save on Postage

Fax or e-mail as much correspondence as possible, to save on postage and phone bills!

By Becki in Indiana

By Trish (Guest Post)

I'm down to using about one stamp a month. I have my condo fee and all but one of my utility bills set up for auto-pay from my savings account. Part of my paycheck is auto-deposited there on payday and the rest goes into my checking account.

I pay my cable bill by credit card over the phone because they won't set up an auto-pay from a savings account. (Go figure!) Then I pay my credit card bill over the phone from my checking account which is at the same bank.

One way I save money is on postage. I deliver all the bills that I can or else have them automatically deducted from my checking account each month. This saves a lot and with the possibility of a price hike again on stamps in 2006, it's a good habit to have. You can also pay bills over the phone and online. Just be sure it's very secure. I pay for very few bills by mail anymore.

By Robin

By Cathy (Guest Post)

It's actually half the cost to pay bills over the phone where I live. Besides, it's more time-and-money saving (no lining up in queues or driving to the nearest mailbox or all over town) to pay these bills.

Despite the scare tatics, credit card fraud isn't as common as you might think!

We pay many bills online. My husband's check is direct deposited. I hand deliver a couple payments. Stamps last me a long time! I used to do a lot of snail mail correspondence but hardly ever these days. I love email!