Recycled CraftsCrafts

School Project: Futuristic Car

My daughter has to make a futuristic vehicle out of cardboard boxes, paper plates, etc.. I don't have a clue where to begin. Please help.

By Cassiemae from Memphis, TN

It can't be wood? I made one from a block of wood for a class project and used my husband's electric sander to shape it. Anyway, you say your daughter has to make it but YOU don't have a clue how to start.

I remember watching the Jetsons in the 70s and we were pretty much told that would be life for us when we were adults. Well that hasn't happened, but just go crazy. They have to have some kind of guide lines.

I thought about how desperate I'd be if I were in your shoes! I looked at the cars at this website http://allworld … ordpress/?p=6434

which are quite futuristic, then checked around my house to see what could be used to build something similar. Creatively cutting two liter plastic soda bottles into a variety of pieces and assembling them along with bottle caps and other circular pieces for wheels seems as if it would work. For safety, you'll need to do the cutting yourself using knives and scissors and you may need to fold tape along the edges of the pieces so no one cuts himself on the model car. Good luck!

Please upload a picture of your finished project. It seems so fun. I truly miss doing school projects with my children. I'm just waiting on the grandchildren to seek out my help. GOD bless.