AdviceCleaning

Mildew Smell on a Stroller

How do you get mildew off of a stroller?

By Jenny from Gulf Shores, AL

Febreeze might help.

Put vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz all over. Set it out in the sunlight to dry. Sunshine and vinegar both kill mold spores.

I have some baby items (stroller and swing cover) that have developed mildew. I washed them in a weak bleach solution, but it really didn't do much. These are my friend's and she would probably kill me if they bled or lost their color. Any suggestions?

Ashley from Conroe, TX

Answers:

Mildew Smell on a Stroller

Wash it up with soap and water and put it out in the sun to dry. The sun kills mold and mildew.
Don't leave it out where it is going to be damp overnight, as this will keep the mildew growing. It has to dry fully in the sun, then put it out in the sun again the next day too. It should help. (08/10/2006)

By Laura

Mildew Smell on a Stroller

All I can say is white vinegar! I would start with a solution of 1/4 vinegar to water and spray the items, saturating thoroughly. You can always use more vinegar to water ratio. Later air dry outside. If the items might fade, dry in the shade. You may need to rinse and dry after, but usually the vinegar smell fades in a couple of days when dry. Good luck. (08/10/2006)

By Margie

Mildew Smell on a Stroller

I'd sprinkle baking soda on it, and leave it on the items for several hours. Vacuum up the soda afterward. (08/10/2006)

By A Trevino

Mildew Smell on a Stroller

I suggest lemon juice and the sun. Put as much lemon juice on the mildew as you can, then put the juiced mildew stuff in full sun. Very old trick, hope it works for you. Good luck.
(08/10/2006)

By Omajust

Mildew Smell on a Stroller

Try using liquid Lysol in the washing machine and then put it out in the sun, or on the line to dry. This should kill the mold/mildew. (08/11/2006)

By Lori Ghany