BirthdayParties

Toddler Birthday Party Ideas

I'm brainstorming birthday party ideas for my daughter and son's upcoming birthday party. Their birthdays are 3 weeks apart and I'm trying to think of a fun and special theme for them! She will be 3 in September and he will be 2 in October.

I'm considering a "royal" theme, but I'm open to a wide array of ideas, such as a garden party, etc. Last year my son had a dino-themed birthday party. Please share any and all ideas and thoughts. Don't be shy. Your ideas can spark other ideas for me and other users. They will have birthday plans on their actual birthdays, but the extended family will be invited to the party. Thanks ThriftyFun family.

By Erin813 from Seffner, FL

I love the Royal theme. Birthdays are such a big deal to 3 year olds and your son will enjoy all the excitement and get excited too.

Here is an idea for a craft/activity. I had a birthday party one year where I bought a set of gold crowns which tied in the back. The set included gems and stickers to decorate them, maybe markers too. The kids had a great time decorating the crowns and they can take them home at the end. You woudn't have to buy a set, you could just cut them out of construction paper. You can make fancier tiaras for the girls and just a series of points for the boys. I would opt for crayons and stickers in lieu of markers and choking hazard gems for this age group. I stapled crowns like this together, using more than one piece of paper for the adult crowns.

For other ideas, I would ask your children what it means to be royal and what kings and queens do for fun, what do they eat, etc. It will help you get an idea of what they might expect and I'm sure it will be cute to hear their ideas about this.

Good luck and have fun! At this age, the kids will have fun with anything you do for them. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

LOL. You're right, their answers would be so funny and cute!
My almost 3 year old daughter is really enthusiastic and she will be happy with any theme, really. I've asked her what the party will be but she agreed with most any idea I asked her but did seem to really approve of the "royal theme."

And, I'm experienced with making paper crowns, since we made some about a year ago!
Thanks for the help! Maybe we can serve just dessert or have chicken drumsticks and mashed potatoes then dessert. Hmm! Both sound good!

To all: I'm still open to other theme ideas, too, and elaborations of the Royal Theme.

An idea would be something with Mickey and Minnie Mouse, since they have Clubhouse and they both play major roles.

We just posted a beautiful paper tiara craft instructions this week, it make me think of your party. Thought I'd point it out if you didn't see it. Makes me wish I had girls. Oh well, I could always make one for myself. :)

http://www.thri  9019646.tip.html

Do let us know how it all turns out.

Thanks, Jess, for the tiara craft! I was thinking of ways to make a crown more fancy but the girls at the party will love that one you linked! ThrifyFun pulls through again with lovely surprises!

So far I am sticking with the royal theme but here are some specifics I need help with:
Invitation Ideas:
1. castle card with left and right side flaps that open,
2. Crown Card (felt/fabric with gems/rhinestones/gold buttons
-{Invites will say.. or should I say Prince Luke?}
"Here ye, here ye"
WHAT: Royal Party for Princess Taylor's 3rd & Duke Luke's 2nd Birthday!
WHEN: Saturday, October 2nd, 2010
TIME: 10 A.M. -12 P.M.? or 3-6 P.M. with dinner"
-------

Games/Activities ideas:
1. Find treasure (plastic gold rings/jewelry) in bowl of rice or packaging popcorn, blindfolded in 30 seconds- person that finds the most treasure found in time wins!

2. Pin the horse to the castle?
3. Castle-shaped Pinata (homemade maybe)?
4. Guess the golden coins in the goblet (cello-wrapped)
5. Homemade foam cut-out tiaras for girls and foam shields for boys?

Do you think prizes should be picked from a homemade treasure box? Or is that too "pirate-themed"?
Other details, add your ideas:
1. Favor Bags: Girls get lip gloss and candy, and boys get foam swords and candy

For you, Jess. :D lol see I've been wearing tiaras for years!
Valentine's Day Tea Party I had with my mom and sister with her little girl.

I have done a pinwheel party. I made little ones for each invitation. Each guest received a little pinwheel with a thank you tag attached with cute ribbon. Huge pinwheels for decoration are easy to find as well as teeny tiny ones for cupcake decoration. Or how about Peter Pan and Tinkerbell?