Solar Lights For Night Fishing

During our July 4th holiday weekend, I wanted to go night fishing with the boyfriend. His protest - no money in the budget for a lantern. My answer - use the 99 cents LED solar pathway lights I had purchased on sale.

I pulled up 5 of the lights from the yard, packed them in my reusable grocery bag, and off we went. We used 3 lights to mark the pond edge (slight drop off), one we placed next to the worms to bait our hooks by, and we also left one light on the dash of the car. It was a nice beacon to locate the car when returning to it at 2 am.

I also discovered that the lights in the reusable grocery bag made a nice "lantern" to use to follow the dark path. Now they are back in their proper places, charging for our next night fishing adventure.

By FrugalKim from Columbus, OH

Wonderful idea for cheap lights. Not so wonderful interaction with your cheap boyfriend.

Maybe you could upgrade both ideas?

LOL. Frugal is as frugal does. :)

Travel and Recreation Recreation FishingJuly 17, 2011
🎃
🎂
📓
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf51310310.tip.html