Storing a Wet Paintbrush

If you use paint in your crafting you may find that, in the middle of painting a project, you get called away from your project but you know you will be back shortly. Instead of rinsing out your paint brush, you can wrap it in a piece of plastic or a sandwich bag. Twist the plastic so it stays closed, keeping air from drying the paint on your brush.

Then when you get back to your project all you do is unwrap your brush and go back to work. I have stored paint brushes for a couple of days this way. As long as the plastic is sealed the paint will not dry out, ruining your brush.

By Arlene from Fort Myers, FL

Top Comment

I have done this, too. If it is water-based paint, I put it in the refridgerator. They seem to stay softer. But, as Arlene said, you need to keep the plastic tightly sealed! Happy painting! from Su from Ohio

I even do this with paint rollers. I freeze them if I am not going to finish a painting job right away.

Also try Glad's Press N Seal. You only use a small piece to "seal" the brush to the wrap and it even elilminates air bubbles which can start to dry the paint.

Aluminium foil does the same job.

This has been a great time saver for me, as you can just save the brush in a sandwich bag instead of washing it out and then wanting to use it again that night.

Just make sure you don't leave it in the bag too long, a day or two is plenty.

I wrap and freeze my brushes as well. :)