Hair Dye on a Linoleum Floor

How do you get hair dye off of a linoleum floor?

By karen from Marion, IL

You can try dabbing some 20 or 40 volume hydrogen peroxide on it and let it sit about five or ten minutes (do a colorfast test in an inconspicuous place first) and see if that will work, but in my experience as a hairstylist for 35 years and a salon owner for 15 of them it will be the luck of the draw whether it will come out even using the peroxide.

Been there, done that. ACETONE nail polish remover. Put some on a washcloth and dab away the stain. I have inlaid.

Have brown hair dye in linoleum tried everything. Nothing is working... Help!

I have black hair dye on my linoleum floor. It has faded a lot using Clorox + Bleach cleaner and a magic eraser. But the stains are still there.

How do I remove hair dye stains from linoleum flooring?

Melinda from Milwaukee, WI

My roommate got hair dye on our linoleum floors. How do I get it out?

Missleisa from Newwestminster, B.C

Answers:

Hair Dye on a Linoleum Floor

My mother uses the Clorox Bleach pen and lets it sit for a few minutes before she wipes it off. Her linoleum is beige, I'm not sure it would work on a darker color. Just a thought. (11/06/2006)

By Charlie

Hair Dye on a Linoleum Floor

I use Clorox Cleanup to clean my 1950's white formica counter top; bet it would work on linoleum, too, but I agree that it might ruin it if it is dark in color.

(11/07/2006)

By Claudia-MD

Hair Dye on a Linoleum Floor

Since Creme Perioxide removed Henna from my Formica Bath countertops, I'll bet it will remove Hair Dye from your vinyl lino. flooring. I "painted" the stain with the Creme Perioxide, let it sit over night covered in plastic to keep it moist. Next day it was back to new! You can buy this separately at Beauty Supply stores, or perhaps where hair bleach is sold? Good luck and God bless you. : ) (11/12/2006)

By Lynda

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsSeptember 29, 2010
🎉
🎄