Vicks VapoRub Stains on Clothing

Because of its oil base Vicks VapoRub stains may need special treatment. This is a guide about Vicks VapoRub stains on clothing.

How do I remove Vicks VapoRub from clothes after they have been thru the dryer? Is it still possible to get the stain out? What do you recommend I use?

Answers

Use Blue Dawn to remove grease. Lestoil is also good.

This organic stuff is great for that:

http://www.de-solv-it.com/

You may have set the stain when placed in the dryer but trying the solutions suggested will not do any harm and may even work.
You could try Awesome Orange; Simple Green or even dish soap Place any of the solutions on the spot and let it stay for 15-30 minutes before washing. Wash as usual. I believe this may be one time that hot water should be used.

It works great because I have multiple stains before on my sweatpants and all you have do is that soak it for I think like 5 to 10 minutes before putting in the wash because Dawn dish soap absorbs the stain and that's wonderful very satisfied

Didn't work for me. I used Shout for grease stains AND blue Dawn, let it sit for about 30 minutes and it didn't budge the stains.

I guess I just have a "Vicks shirt" now. :(

Palmolive dish liquid (the original green stuff). You can pre-treat the spot, then pour some right in the wash water with the stained garment. I usually let it agitate, then soak it over night. Run the cycle through, then wash again in your usual detergent. You may have to repeat the process, but thats rare. I have got the nastiest, greasiest set in stains out with this stuff, even after its gone through the dryer.

How do I remove Vicks stains from jogging pants?

By Elaine

Answers

I think you'll need a degreaser for the oily stain: Awesome Orange; Simple Green (found in automotive supply, yet many uses); even dish soap, etc.

How do you remove Vicks Vaporub stains from clothing? In particular from flannel? Thanks.

By shirlee from TX

Answers

If the stain hasn't been set in, I would try one of the prewash sprays. If it is on sheets I wouldn't worry about it.