Getting Cigarette Smell Out of Books

I would like help for getting cigarette smell out of hardback books and paperback books?

By patricia d from Ramona, CA

Hi Patricia,

I had the same problem with a large collection of postcards that I had purchased from an estate. What I tried was putting them in a cardboard box that was big enough to allow air space, put in 2 bounce dryer sheets and closed the box up for about a week. I was amazed when I opened the box back up - there was no sign of the cigarette smell ramaining at all. HTH

I use to smoke and since I've moved 3 years ago my entire bookshelf has been packed away in boxes. I went to take them out and omg. I can't believe what my house must have smelled like.

There are 6 large Rubbermaid containers full plus a few boxes. How will I ever get the smell out of my treasured books? Quickest and most effective. Help please!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsFebruary 19, 2011
🎄
🎉