HealthcareBudget & Finance

Financial Help for Buying Natural Supplements

InsuliteLabs.com has a natural PCOS plan that helps many symptoms. The system works much better than drugs. reversing some things. However, it is almost $100 a month. Insurance companies will cover gastric bypass surgery, fitness gym memberships, script drugs, etc., but not natural supplements.

PCOS ladies have an intricate host of symptoms that conventional means usually will not work on nor cover the added symptoms we have! Are there any ways to get insurance companies to cover this? Are there any sites for financial help? I prefer natural to poisoning my body with chemicals.

Thank you!

By Christie from Vincentown, NJ

Those kind of supplements are all BS, I'm sorry. Would be better to try to cut down on the stress in your life, get adequate exercise, and eat right and all those things are free and will actually have a positive effect.
Cheers!

Natural Supplements are beneficial, giving your body what is needed that you may not eat.

PCOS is a hormone imbalance wreaking havoc through our whole body.
What works for most people, will not work for PCOS Ladies!
- All is a hit & miss scenario with us.

Topic specific answers appreciated.

While I do believe that supplements can be helpful in a wide variety of illnesses, I don't think it's necessary to buy the expensive ones. Do a little research on what are the active ingredients in the supplements you want to buy, and then try to find those ingredients somewhere else that is less expensive. In the meantime, here are some ideas for helping your condition naturally: Insulin Resistance Syndrome is condition marked by poor blood sugar control and weight gain. Insulin resistance is usually an underlying problem in women suffering PCOS, even when they are not overweight.

When the body is insulin resistant, it simply does not remember how to use carbohydrates for energy. It can only store them as fat. Here are a few basic tips:

Balance low GI carbohydrates with adequate protein
Include phytoestrogens in your diet.
Buy organic foods whenever possible.
Reduce your intake of saturated fats.
Limit or avoid dairy.
Drink two litres of filtered water daily.
Avoid additives, preservatives and food chemicals such as artificial sweeteners.
Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
Avoid sugar on its own and hidden in foods.
Include essential fatty acids in your diet.

One time I got my flex plan to reimburse me for Iodoral (it is an iodine supplement) for my son. I had to get a recommendation from my son's doctor.

There was a specific form he had to sign, and then we could submit what we paid for the Iodoral and get reimbursed out of the flex plan. It was our money anyway, but we did not have to pay income taxes on that money. It was a little bit of a savings.

I would not hold out a lot of hope that your insurance company would cover what you need, but it would not hurt to ask. The worst they can do is say no.