Using Supplements for Weight Loss

Category Weight Loss
A plate full of supplements.
There are many weight loss supplements on the market offering extraordinary results. This is a guide about using supplements for weight loss.

This is a guide about weight loss pills reviews. There are a variety of weight reduction products on the market, and you want to find the best one to meet your goal and maintain your health.

Variety of pills and tape measure on a white background

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have a hernia from bariatric surgery and shortness of breath. I would like to know which supplements can help me loose the weight. The hernia has distended my stomach.

At the moment I am taking 200mg daily of raspberry ketones, l-carnitine - 250mg daily and fish oil 3, 1000mg daily.

By Pat

The doctor that did the surgery should have told you what supplements to take. I have a friend who had bariatric surgery several years ago and she lost 100 pounds in one year. However, she only ate the amount of food that she was told to eat, and followed an exercise program. I also know that her doctor told her to take a supplement but that was to make up for the nutrition she wasn't getting because there were certain foods that she couldn't eat.

Cinnamon is supposed to be good at aiding weight loss. Google it and see what the dosage should be.

Oh yes, supplements alone won't help you lose weight. Your doctor should have given you a diet to follow. Before my friend lost all that weight after surgery, she was on oxygen 24/7 for COPD, and for several years she was off it, but is on again for another health reason. She has gained a little weight back because she could no longer afford to go to the acquatics classes that she was going to.

Yeah, just plain supplements aren't going to do much. But if you can take something natural along with exercise, you will start to loose weight. I take an aci-berry supplement.

I think this is a medical question for which few if any of us are qualified to answer. If someone or several people do answer, how do you know the answers are accurate if they do not come from qualified sources.What if someone who means well gives you harmful advice? Why not ask the doctor who performed the surgery?

I lost 100 lb and have kept it off after GBP surgery a number of years ago. No supplement will make you loose weight-eat what you were told to and if needed there are bariatric nutritionists/dieticians who can help you get an appropriate meal plan together.

Your bariatric surgeon or surgery center should have someone on staff or a referral for you. Supplements taken into an already fragile stomach pouch can be dangerous. This surgery works, it can be life-saving but if you don't take appropriate care it could also be Life-Ending!

Does any one know of any sites that give away free weight loss supplements?

Aliesha

Look on the freebie sites like mommysavesbig.com or freestufftimes.com for samples like that.

Anonymous

Whatever you do, 'do not' accept any 'freebies' where they ask for your credit/debit card info in order to receive a 'free sample/free trial'!

Here's one good example as to why:

http://www.thri  9753394.tip.html

I know this is a bummer, but there is no weight loss supplement that has been shown to work in absence of a serious diet and an exercise regime. Save yourself time money and frustration. Some supplements are even bad for your health. You can find plenty of advice on www.shape,com, www.fitnessmagazine.com and www.womenshealthmag.com. Good luck.

Prepare your meals on 7" - 8" Saucers, not 10" plates, and have only ONE meal!