Make Organizing Trays Out of Cereal Boxes

When empty, I use wide "scotch" tape to stick the top together of cereal boxes, then cut the top and bottom off to the depth of approximately 2 inches (or cut the sides instead for longer narrow "trays"). They are then covered with the plastic you can purchase that has a sticky backing. This not only makes them stronger but they can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.

They are then used to keep the cutlery drawer nice and tidy. I also use them for my "clutter" drawer to keep pens, pencils, scissors, rubber bands, thumb tacks etc. Also used in my sewing machine drawers for different items. They can be used for so many things and they last a long long time.

By Cakedec from B.C. CANADA.

Thank you for the idea. I am in an organizing spree so you know how much it can be spent buying all kinds of storage bins. This idea will help me save some money.

I never thought of using them like that. I tape my ends shut and slice the box in the middle for "paper trays". My 4 little ones can put there school work that they have brought home from school in them for me to go through later. I take the papers that aren't needed and shred them or make confetti for craft projects later. This is a great organization effort! Great Job!

Great idea! I have a 19 month old, so we have tons and tons of cereal box's laying around. I'm going to have to do that! Maybe even cut some strips and tape some in the middle so there are different sections?

I'm having a hard time picturing it, it's too early, hahaha. Once I get it in my head, I'll try it. I'm always looking for ways to organize!