Cereal Boxes for Magazine Storage

Most cereal boxes can be converted into boxes to store magazines. Just remove the top flaps and cut the upper third of the box off at a diagonal angle.

You can put contact paper on the outside of the box to make the box look better.

That sounds like an excellent idea!!!!!! You could also trim the outer edges with a bit of lace or rickrack to match your color scheme.

By Michele (Guest Post)

I use the jugs that cat litter comes in. I cut them down to the size I need. They line up niceley on my shelves in my craft room to hold books, paper, patterns.

I find cereal boxes on their own too flabby for magazines. (They tip over if not completely full.) What I do is cut thin corrugated cardboard to match the sides and bottom and glue them to the inside of the cut cereal box.

This makes them more sturdy and you still have a smooth surface on the outside to decorate.

Oh, great idea on the cat litter containers. I used some that were white for flower pots this spring. Just drilled some holes and cut the tops as evenly as possible. Worked out great.

Organizing StorageOctober 19, 2005
😎
🐛
🌻
📓