TravelTravel and Recreation

Use Bonded Travel Agents

Category Travel

Use a travel agent, who's licensed and bonded. Otherwise they could sell your information to someone who could live in your home while you're gone or rob it while you're out of town on vacation.

It's a scary thought. But my husband was listening to a radio talk show one day and a gal called in saying she worked for a travel agency and she sells information on travelers for $500 a pop to some 'friends of hers', who rob the unsuspecting client who's vacationing. Just beware. Also, the least amount of people who know you'll be out of town, the better.

By Terri H.

I read your post with much interest. I wonder why the radio station talk show host apparently did not report that gal who had called in to say that she works for a travel agency and sold travelers lists for $500 each. I'm sure her phone call could have been traced. I'm amazed that gal even had the nerve to brag about it on a public radio talk show, as that makes her an accessory to burglary.

Las Vegas Angel, What's scarry is that the radio station was an Vegas radio station!! We live in Pahrump.