Use Bonded Travel Agents

Category Travel

Use a travel agent, who's licensed and bonded. Otherwise they could sell your information to someone who could live in your home while you're gone or rob it while you're out of town on vacation.


It's a scary thought. But my husband was listening to a radio talk show one day and a gal called in saying she worked for a travel agency and she sells information on travelers for $500 a pop to some 'friends of hers', who rob the unsuspecting client who's vacationing. Just beware. Also, the least amount of people who know you'll be out of town, the better.

By Terri H.

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

May 1, 20050 found this helpful

I read your post with much interest. I wonder why the radio station talk show host apparently did not report that gal who had called in to say that she works for a travel agency and sold travelers lists for $500 each.


I'm sure her phone call could have been traced. I'm amazed that gal even had the nerve to brag about it on a public radio talk show, as that makes her an accessory to burglary.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 2, 20050 found this helpful

Las Vegas Angel, What's scarry is that the radio station was an Vegas radio station!! We live in Pahrump.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


Travel and Recreation TravelApril 30, 2005
Back to School Ideas!
Pest Control
Coronavirus Tips
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-07-18 08:19:19 in 698 msecs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

TravelTravel and Recreation