Chicken Alfredo?

This recipe is not 'gourmet' but it's quick, easy and tasty. I have made it for about four decades.

I use boxed PastaRoni (RiceaRoni sibling) but instead of following the boxed directions, I heat 1/2 cup milk and 3 tbls butter (no water because not using the water gives a far more tasty flavor and thicker sauce) in a saucepan while the pasta is cooking.

Then drain the pasta, (do not rinse) place it back in the pan, add the milk and butter sauce, stir and then stir in the packaged seasoning.

Then add one or two 3 oz cans of drained, diced chicken breasts and stir.

PS: Have tried Lipton Fettuccini and other packaged brands but PastaRoni is the best ;-)

Source: There was a request today for a Chicken Alfredo recipe and once I posted it, I thought, "Well, maybe also submit in the contest" ;-)

Both my parents worked long hours when I was growing up and, most of the time, I was on my own to cook so came up with this when I was in my mid-teens. Used leftover chicken back then but used the canned once it became available.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Food and Recipes Recipes PastasSeptember 10, 2008
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf55163239.tip.html