Free Newsprint for Wrapping Paper

Most newspaper publishers have tons of end-rolls (rolls of unused newspaper paper) that they'll gladly give you for FREE! Even a small roll could be enough to wrap an entire year's worth of Christmas AND birthday gifts.

Simply cut your desired size and use stamps, stickers or cut-outs to decorate your paper, then wrap your gift! This is a great activity for kids and adds a more personal touch to gift giving.

In this picture, I used stamps then colored them in with markers and colored pencils. The bow is from a gift I received earlier in the year. Re-using bows is another ideal way to cut costs during the holiday season.

NOTE: You can find your local newspaper publisher in the phone book yellow pages under Newspapers". Ask to speak with someone in the printing department about the availability of unwanted end-rolls.

By April from Albany, GA

Great idea - looks lovely and completely individual.

This is such a good idea but sadly the printing companies where I live have updated printing equipment which means there is little waste and no end rolls for me! Glad there is no waste but I would have loved to do this. I am going to use regular newspaper this year.

I used the plain paper that came with packages at work this year. I have 35 people to buy and wrap for each year, and I didn't buy any wrapping paper this holiday season.

Anonymous

that is a good idea