Dye Fades on Shirt Collar Points in Wash?

0
Share
2
Save
Follow
Print

I've noticed as I wash collared shirts over time, the fabric color wears off the point. (For example, a blue oxford shirt will have white points on the collar point/edge.) Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Any suggestions?

For some, I have used my blue sharpie, but I would like to know how to prevent it, if possible. Thank you!

By Dorina from NJ

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 186 Feedbacks

I have always figured it was basic wear, because of the way the collar is constructed. It is such a sharp point with a real narrow seam inside that makes the point sharp looking and therefore it will probably show wear quicker than other areas. I have made a lot of shirt collars over the years and the homemade ones don't seem to get that way as soon as the boughten ones.

I think this is because my inside seams don't get as narrow as the manufactured ones, because I haven't had the special equipment. However I have also had a lot of people compliment me on my clothes and ask where I got the item. That is my theory anyway.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 138 Feedbacks

I find that better quality garments don't wear out too quickly. Cheaper clothes wear out faster. Darker colors show the wear more than light shades. You can try using a gentle or delicate cycle of the washing machine, and tumble try for a short a time as possible.

All these hints prolong the life of a garment.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 6, 2010
🌻
🎆
😎
Generated 2021-06-22 15:41:05 in 825 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf55374551.tip.html