Removing CD Stuck in a Computer?

A few days ago my granddaughter and I played Jeopardy on the computer. When we went to take the disc out of the tower, it would not open. We can get the flap down by hand, but the disc and tray are stuck and will not come out. Anyone have any suggestions? I have other things to play or use but can't do it now.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL from Bloomington, IL

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 109 Feedbacks

Most computer CD drive have a small hole on the outside near where the tray would open. If you take a paper clip and stretch it out it will fit the hole and should extract the disk. It sounds like you have an older CD player (you said you could pull down the flap). There may be a hole for extracting in this way on the other side of the flap. This would be abnormal. What type of CD player or PC is it? I may be able to find more info about it.

Computers RepairMarch 22, 2010
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf55772530.tip.html