MoldCleaning

Preventing Mold In Toilet

I am getting a mold like residue in one toilet in my house. I clean and clean, but it keeps coming back. I have tried almost everything, including different tank tablets with bleach. They seem to slow it down but not eliminate it. Help!

Minnie from East TN

Have you tried never scrub, I started using it in October of 2006 I have not had to replace the cartridge yet. It starts cleaning and makes your toilet bowl cleaner in cleaner.
If you have a mineral buildup in the bottom, it will eventually be removed without scrubbing, but if you can scrub it, it will speed up the process. I just occasionally wipe out the toilet bowl I no longer have to scrub it, it holds true to its name.
I have no ring or any type of build up anywhere the water touches

And where might this amazing product be purchased? Wal-mart or Dollar Store? I live in the New Orleans area and I haven't heard of it. It sounds amazing! Nolasandy

This product is,''Kaboom Never scrub.''

http://www.kabo … ndex.asp?cid=123

Do you have an exhaust fan in that bathroom? Maybe running that (or installing one) for a few hours each day would get rid of moisture that could cause mold to grow in places besides the toilet that you can't see.

Use clorox bleach toilet tablets (ones you put in back of toilet).

Where can I buy "never scrub" ?
KJ

Please do not use toxic cleansers and tablets. If you check out the instructions on those toilet tablets they actually warn against allowing it to contact your skin. Yikes! Use of these products pollutes the water supply for everyone. I suggest you simply pour some white vinegar in your bowl after each flush. It is thrifty and fairly non toxic. Best of all it works!

If this toilet is used infrequently, clean the toilet then cut a piece of thin styrofoam or plastic in the shape of the opening and lay on top of porcelain toilet. Put the seat and lid down on top of plastic and that should solve your problem. My sister uses this method in her vacation home and she never gets mold in the toilet between visits.