ClothingCleaning

Removing Carpet Glue from Clothing

My son has started a carpet layers apprenticeship. His clothes are constantly covered in carpet glue and no-one seems to know how to get them out. I keep washing them but the glue marks are constantly there. The uniform is of course navy blue so it looks horrible. Can anyone out there please suggest something that might get the stains out? Help.

Nicole from Qld, Australia

By Sylvia (Guest Post)

In the US there's a hand cleaner called GOOP - it's for mechanics and others who need a heavy duty hand cleaner. Many years ago I was learning to lay carpet and the gentleman teaching me told me to slather the GOOP on my jeans, let stand for about 5 minutes then wash as usual. Every bit of the adhesive came off in the wash. I have also used GOOP to remove paint and ink from clothes.

By ljones (Guest Post)

I used resolve (the original for carpet cleaning) and it took it all out. I was ready to throw the work clothes out so it was worth trying.

Used it on the baby's clothes and it took all stains out. It really is great stuff.

what kind of resolve

How do you remove carpet glue from nylon gloves?

By William